Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Demo's.

I will admit, they aren't the easiest things to make and especially hard if you're trying to keep your personality in them. I agree that the show I was going to put forward as my demo is complex, I need to make it clear to how things are going to be put together.

Going to have to do this again, I need to make my point forward and clear, something that will catch the listener off guard and think, 'that's something we could work with'. Jazz it up a bit, make my personality shine through with my love of the music that I'm playing and maybe even more about the artist. I am just confused.

There's a podcast my old lecturer, who is now my friend, told me to listen to. It has three big names in Scottish Radio saying they want sort of the same things in a demo, but it seems like they're asking to do about 6 things to make it good, I feel a bit pressured. Don't get me wrong, I will do this and I can do this. But when hearing this is seems a bit alien, more of a foreign language rather than plain old English. I'm just a bit scared that I don't get this done right, because if I mess this up in the slightest, I just don't think I can handle myself when I'm angry with me.

I want this so badly, but I just can't seem to get the right sort of confidence or motivation. The one thing I'm brilliant at is arguing with facts, in a fast pace and with someone who wants to get their point across. I'm also good at interviewing once I've done my research, got my written questions and some great person to interview I'll do it to at least a good standard.

I need to re-write my show and re-record it, to make it an almost perfect demo. Good just isn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment